What permits or permissions are needed for pet relocation from China?

When relocating a pet from China, there are several permits and permissions that are typically required:

1. Export Permit: A pet owner must obtain an export permit from the local Chinese authorities before transporting their pet out of the country.

2. Veterinary Health Certificate: This certificate is issued by an authorized veterinarian and indicates that the pet is in good health and free from infectious diseases. It may include information such as vaccination records, microchip details, and general health assessment.

3. Import Permit at the Destination Country: The specific requirements vary depending on the destination country. Usually, an import permit or authorization from the destination country's relevant government entity is necessary. The import permit specifies the conditions and regulations for bringing pets into that particular country.

4. Vaccination Records: Most countries require pets to be up-to-date on their vaccinations, especially for diseases like rabies. The pet owner needs to present the vaccination records, including the rabies vaccination certificate, which should be issued by an authorized veterinarian.

5. Microchip Identification: Many countries require pets to be microchipped for identification purposes. The microchip number should be recorded in the pet's health and vaccination certificates.

6. Quarantine Requirements: Some countries have quarantine regulations for imported pets. It is essential to research the quarantine rules of the destination country well in advance.

7. Airline Regulations: When transporting a pet by air, it is crucial to comply with the airline's specific regulations. These rules typically include proper pet carriers or crates, food and water requirements, and necessary documentation.

It is important to note that the specific permits and authorizations may vary depending on the destination country and the type of pet being transported. It is advisable to consult with relevant authorities, such as local government agencies, embassies, or professional pet relocation services, to ensure compliance with all the necessary requirements.

Get a Quote 400-011-9188 Chat

Ask A Quote