Can I bring my pet to China if I am a student or expatriate?

Yes, it is possible to bring your pet to China if you are a student or expatriate. However, there are specific provisions and guidelines that you need to follow.

To bring your pet to China, you will need to obtain an import permit from the General Administration of Customs of China. This permit requires certain documents, including a health certificate issued by a government-approved veterinarian in your home country, proof of rabies vaccination, and a certificate of origin for your pet. It's essential to check the specific requirements and regulations of the city or province where you will be residing, as they may have additional regulations.

Additionally, certain dog breeds, such as Pit Bulls and Rottweilers, are restricted or banned in some cities, so you should verify the specific regulations related to your pet's breed.

Once in China, you must register your pet with the local police within 30 days of arrival. This registration process includes providing necessary documentation and paying any required fees.

It's crucial to contact the embassy or consulate of China in your home country to obtain the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding pet importation and registration procedures.

Get a Quote 400-011-9188 Chat

Ask A Quote